VCA Canada Western Veterinary Specialist & Emergency Centre in Calgary, Alberta, Canada is seeking a Residency trained or Board-certified Criticalist (permanent, full-time) to join our specialty health care team.
Our critical care department is a busy, established service that works closely with both the ER and specialty services. The candidate’s responsibilities will include further advancement of the Critical Care department, primary management of critical ER and in-patients, support and mentorship of the Emergency department, and teaching and mentoring the interns and support staff.
Our hospital offers a challenging; quick-paced, high-adrenaline work environment where teamwork and high quality care is at the heart of what we do. We espouse the values of a collegial and team based approach to medicine, excellent client service, continuing education, and work life balance. We are committed to supporting pet owners and the veterinary community by providing the highest level of emergency and referral care.
Opportunities for professional development abound, including teaching of interns and UCVM students as well as formal mentorship for our internship program. A full complement of on-site diagnostics includes digital radiography, ultrasound, in house lab, endoscopy, fluoroscopy, CT, and fully equipped ICU. Join our team of board-certified specialists in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology, Diagnostic Imaging, Cardiology, Radiation Oncology and Critical Care!
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- A valid DVM degree or equivalent, enabling practice in Canada
- Candidates must be board-certified (AVCECC or ECVECC) or residency trained (and eligible to sit for board examination) in Critical Care.
- License in Alberta or eligibility to be licensed with the ABVMA.
- Strong leadership skills combined with a positive team player attitude to enable our teams to flourish
- Excellent diagnostic and critical care skills with expertise in ventilation
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
- The drive and ability to help train and mentor interns and technicians
VCA is Canada’s largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people – people we think of as family. Our different strengths and interests enrich and improve us with diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we are national leaders in career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
As member of VCA, we can offer:
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA conferences, seminars and CE allowance
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange with other veterinarians within our practices
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- A commitment to give back through initiatives such as Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth
Additionally, VCA Canada Care Centre Animal Hospital offers a comprehensive compensation package, including health and dental benefits, Continuing Education time and allowance, and moving allowance.
For more information about the position, please contact: Jacqueline.Allart@vca.com
To apply for the position, please visit: https://vca.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/Calgary-Alberta/Specialist–Critical-Care—Western-Veterinary-Specialist—Emergency-Centre_R-07235
For more information on who we are, what we do, Paw It Forward and opportunities with VCA Canada, please visit us online at https://vcacanada.com or https://vcacanada.com/western
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance please let us know.