EVECC Research Grant
The European Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society (EVECCS) EVECC Research grant will fund a single research project that focuses on a clinical problem relevant to Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care up to a total of €5000!Grant details:
The Research Grant Committee is looking to fund studies that are clinically relevant, achievable and adhere to the highest ethical standards. Funds CANNOT be used for salaries, purchase of laboratory equipment or overhead costs. At least one investigator must be a member of EVECCS.
Ethical approval is necessary at the time of grant proposal submission. Preliminary results will be presented by the awardee at the EVECC congress 2020 in an oral and written abstract form. In addition to the €5000 research funding, the applicant will also receive an EVECC travel grant to present the research project at the EVECC congress 2020, as well as a second travel grant to present the final results of the research at the subsequent EVECC congress (2021).
The grant committee invites electronic submission of proposals to Garret Buckley, Chair, EVECCS Research Grant Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 GMT on the 15th of January 2020. Applications must not exceed 6 pages (not including brief CV). You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 2-3 days. Informal enquiries and requests for application forms can be made by emailing email@example.com
EVECCS Travel Grant
The European Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (EVECCS) promotes the development of veterinary emergency and critical care across Europe. In order to improve the accessibility of this specialty to colleagues, EVECCS has developed an Annual Travel Grant for two of its members. Two travel grants will be granted: one for veterinarian, and one for nurse/technician. The two receivers of the travel grant usually receive the sum of 1000€ each to visit a European or an American institution lead by an ECVECC diplomate. The travel grant is dedicated in helping you to afford visit related expenses (charged visit fees, travel, accommodation…)
The European Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (EVECCS) has decided to cancel the travel grant for veterinarians and nurse/technician due to the current covid-19 pandemic safety and travel restrictions still be in place all over Europe.Travel Grant details:
Young vets looking for an internship or a residency program, technicians or nurses interested to improve their skills, as well as experienced vets/technicians/nurses willing to improve their knowledge and/or acquire new techniques are warmly invited to apply.
A list of institutions and contact details of the local supervisors can be found hereunder. Please carefully check the details for each institution, particularly the possible periods, durations, as well as required language skills. Please note that facilities may charge fees for the visit. Afterwards contact the local supervisor or the travel grant committee to make further inquiries and assess the feasibility of a visit. As soon as the applicant and local supervisor have come to an agreement, the application form must be filled in and signed by both.
Applications are open from the 1st of February to the 15th of May 2020 and must be signed and submitted to travel committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Announcement of the winners will be done during EVECC congress in Ghent (4-6 th of June 2020). At the end of the visit, we will ask for a short evaluation to both the applicant and the local supervisor. The applicant will write a short report of their visit, for potential use on the EVECCS website, newsletter and/or EVECCS booth at congress(es), to be received by the 1 st of June 2021 at the latest.
Do not hesitate to contact travel committee (email@example.com) if you have any informal enquiries and requests for application.
The EVECCS Veterinary Nurse/Technician scholarship
In memory of Louise O’Dwyer
We are opening EVECCS Veterinary Nurse/Technician scholarship for the second year.
Application will be open from the 15th of January 2021 to the 15th of February 2021.
EVECCS is extremely thankful to Louise for her dedication in spreading ECC knowledge throughout the Veterinary Nurse/Technician community. We all know that she was an amazing speaker and for sure several Nurses/Technicians decided to come to our congress to be able to meet and learn from Louise.
Based on this huge contribution, EVECCS has decided to create a scholarship in Louise’s honour. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide support for eligible EVECCS Nurse/Technician members who may not otherwise be able to attend (due to financial limitations) the European Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Congress. By setting up this scholarship, Louise’s willingness to share Veterinary ECC knowledge can continue.Scholarship Details:
- Scholarship Value: The recipient will receive a scholarship of around €1000; divided into:
- Up to €500 to cover travel and accommodation
- EVECC congress registration (single person registration for the main congress)
- EVECCS membership for one year
- 1 scholarship for a Veterinary Nurse/Technician will be awarded each year
- 1 scholarship will be offered per individual in a life time
- Lab, social program are not included in the grant
- Application forms will be posted here starting from 15th of January 2021 and sent to EVECCS Nurse/Technician members via the EVECCS newsletter.
- To be able to apply: you need to be a Registered/licensed Veterinary Nurse or Veterinary Technician in your country and, an EVECCS member at the time of application.
- Only the named recipient can use this award for EVECC 2021. If you know that you are not able to attend the EVECC congress in 2021, please do not apply. If you receive the award and are unable to use the award for 2021 for any reason, your award will be forfeited and the scholarship will be awarded to the next eligible person from the applicant pool.
- In the event of EVECCS 2021 be an online congress due to COVID-19 safety and travelling restrictions, the scholarship will give the winner the access to the online congress and to one year EVECCS membership.