Canada West Veterinary Specialists is recruiting for an Emergency Veterinarian
Established in 1997, our 18,000 sq ft VECCS Level 1 certified trauma center hospital is a privately-owned multi-specialty referral practice combined with a dedicated 24-hour Emergency department. Our team of over 150 veterinary staff includes boarded specialists in internal medicine, oncology, neurology, diagnostic imaging, critical care, and surgery supported by a resident trained in anesthesia with added services of rehabilitation therapy and in-house reference lab.
We are seeking an Emergency Veterinarian to join our ERCC team. We are interviewing for knowledgeable, effective leaders who share our passion for innovation in medicine, continued education and personal client care. The Emergency Veterinarian will be working a rotating schedule covering 24/7 operational needs. In this position you will be responsible for seeing new patients in the ER, as well as supervising the care of hospitalized patients.
- An ideal Emergency Veterinarian will be effective in their field with proven abilities in Emergency and Critical Care. Cultural fit is important to us; top candidates will have a service oriented and convivial personality. We are searching for someone who will be as much a good fit for us as we are for them. We believe in building the best teams by continuous education and often have in-house CEs, we support or staff during CEs and conferences, and we have interns/externships to support next generation veterinary community. Our new Emergency Veterinarian will also support this vision by their readiness to share their knowledge and is a willing mentor.
- Our hospital is located in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia which is consistently rated as one of the top places to live in the world, is a dynamic, multicultural city set in a spectacular natural environment enabling year-round indoor and outdoor activities providing an extensive complement to your professional life. Vancouver is surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, is complemented by snow peaked mountains in the distance, is rich in cultural diversity and is a foodie’s paradise.
- We are well versed in the immigration process as many of doctors and support staff have relocated to Vancouver from around the world to join our team. We will provide you direct assistance in the relocation and immigration process along with a moving allowance. We appreciate that making a move is a big step and a key part of the decision is meeting the team. When COVID travel restrictions allow, we can arrange for an expense paid visit but for now, the virtual approach has worked well too!
- A competitive salary
- Profit sharing program
- Subsidized extended health benefits
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Annual CE allocation with paid CE days off
- CVBC dues covered
- Relocation assistance (if required)
An ideal candidate should have completed an internship in Emergency/Critical care or have previous ER experience.
To apply, please contact Marta Jackson