The University of Zürich Small Animal Hospital is a modern, well-equipped multidisciplanary hospital.
The team of the intensive care unit with 2 senior clinicians, 2 Interns and 9 nurses is continuously extended to provide excellent care of critically ill dogs and cats. The Vetsuisse Faculty of Zürich is seeking for motivated individuals for the following faculty positions (starting date 01.01.2019 or by availability):
Senior Clinician Critical Care Medicine 40-60% (-100%)
The position includes primary care of critically ill patients, supervision of Interns and Residents from other divisions with critically ill patients, consulting, and teaching of Interns, nurses and students.
Depending on the level of employment, the faculty will work 1-2 days in clinics and 1⁄2-1 day off clinics per week. If desired, the level of employment can be increased with an additional senior clinician employment in the newly started emergency clinic.
• DACVECC/DECVECC (or board eligible) or other specialisation with high experience in critical care medicine
• Willingness to participate in backup service (1-2 evenings per week)
• Excellent communication skills
• Enjoying clinical teaching (students, residents, interns)
• Good knowledge of German is necessary
What we offer:
• Small but highly motivated team
• Well-equipped ICU with interesting cases
• Compensation of overhours
• Financial compensation of back-up service
• Involvement in clinical research (time frame depending on level of employment)
• Salary according to the university guidelines and depending on previous experience
We very much look forward to receiving your application including CV with photo, letter of motivation and 2 references via email to Nadja Sigrist.
Applications will be considered until January 10th or until the position is filled.